the brave post

in july i decided, in the midst of the hottest summer on record, to pull all the flowers up in our front bed. that required a lot of pulling in 100 degree plus heat plus humidity. i pulled up 2 layers of concrete bricks and over 200 iris bulbs. i was left with this....


that was 3 days later. my niece said i was the boy who lived. i looked like i had a palm tree growing on my forehead. it was annoying. four days later ( i have pics from every day, but won't post all of them) i turned into this.....


my entire face swelled. it was lovely. my eyes were swollen shut too.


it was oh so attractive. life had to go on. i went to stores like that. i bought huge sunglasses to try and hide some of my hideousness, but they don't cover your entire face. i got to the doctor who said it was the most extensive case of poison ivy he had seen. it got in my blood stream, and went up and down my arms and on my sides and stomach. let me tell you. I NEVER TOUCHED IT!! seriously. this is how allergic to that stuff. i just have to be in it's presence and it affects me.....so i guess i am the boy who lived and poison ivy is my voldemort :)