joy in the journey

this is my sad post that reminds me to find joy in the journey. i hate to share this sort of personal stuff, but this was so poignant to me that it gives me the chance to reflect on the joy my family brings me:
in an email from our friends the richey's whom we met as newlyweds

"Dearest friends and loved ones,
We are saddened to tell you that our sweet little Cadence died in her sleep while napping Tuesday. She was healthy and beautiful; it was time for her to return to her Heavenly Father. She was born 8/4/08 and died almost 4.5 months later on 12/16/08. "

earlier in the week lindsey shared this story

i promise to hold my punks a little tighter and a little longer to remember that life is precious and that my children are a gift from God.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Oh my goodness...how sad, especially for someone with a 3 month old. It totally reminds you to cherish each and every moment---which can be VERY difficult at times---with your children because, as in your friends case, you never know when Heavenly Father wants them to return home. SO SAD....

Min said...

I am sorry for your sadness, and that of your friends. I love you, Katrina. Thank you for the reminder that we ALL must find the joy in our individual journeys, so we have less regrets when the journey gets rough.

ashley said...

wow, that is nuts! we have so much to be thankful for, i just kissed velzy who has been bugging me since she woke up at 5:07 this morning.
thanks for sharing, even if it is sad, it's always good to realize what you have!

The Dragonfly said...

So sorry to hear about your friends and their loss. I'm very grateful for a knowledge of Heavenly Father and his plan when I hear things like this.