journal

roughly 2 weeks ago the church's handbook policy on same gender family changed and was released publicly by someone at the headquarters. this was not a huge public announcement it was a leak from someone hired by the church. the ensuing drama that unfolded publicly was played out on every major social media page and the opinions flew. it was one such social media page where i saw bullying happen and posts being repeatedly posted and commented on that i realized that this was a spiteful and harmful environment for me to be on. i took apps off my phone to reduce the time i spent reading everyone's personal take on the world. i stepped back and decided that for me at this time it's better that i write down my personal journeys and events. i won't be blogging regularly persay but unless my children just want 30,000 spiral bound notebooks with random thoughts and grocery lists i need to record life outside of social media. i'm also slightly hopeful that no one will read my random thoughts.  it made me think of this quote from david a. bednar.....


who i am is so much more than opinions and cat videos :)

1 comment:

Christie Norris said...

Just looked at blogs I'm "following" for the first time in probably 2 years. So - I'm reading your random comments!