• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup butter
• 1 egg
• 1 cup raisins (optional)
1. In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Cut in the butter. Stir the sour cream mixture and egg into the flour mixture until just moistened. Mix in the raisins.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick round. Cut into 12 wedges, and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom.
1. combine the sour cream (make sure you use sour cream)and baking soda, set aside.
2. mix the butter (room temp.) with the sugar (just use 3/4 cup), beat the egg w/ vanilla (yes, I add 1 tsp. of vanilla), and add to sugar/butter mixture.
3. mix well the dry ingredients and then add them to the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla, just to get all together, do not overmix.
4. Add the Sour Cream w/baking soda, again, do not overmix. From here, you can add as much "toppings" as you´d like, I try chocolate chips, but will try as many suggestions as I can. I make 16 balls and press them w/ my hands to make a flat circle. Bake them 15 min. The secret, not over mix or over handle.